PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Rapunzille website, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, paypal detail if you check out with it, email address, and phone number, cookies (for example, how many times the customer has visited the website, which landing page you arrived from, or if you arrived from an email sent out from us). We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- To use for targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns). We may also use device information in targeted / retargeted advertising.
With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates. This requires your information to be transferred to a third party email marketing application / s. You can opt out at any time by clicking ‘opt out’ at the bottom of an email you receive, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Opt Out of Rapunzille email marketing’.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above.
For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We use Google Ads, you can learn how to block them here https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
- Email Marketing by Mailchimp unsubscribe at bottom of an email you have received from us, or email email@example.com and request to opt out of our email list.
- Email Marketing by Klayviyo – unsubscribe at bottom of an email you have received from us, or email firstname.lastname@example.org and request to opt out of our email list.
-Opt out of text marketing by replying STOP to any of our text messages or email email@example.com with the subject line "Opt out of text marketing" along with your phone number.
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
By subscribing to Rapunzille Pty Ltd's text notifications, you agree to receive automated marketing text messages from us about our products and services at the phone number you provided when you subscribed, and that the messages may be sent via automatic telephone dialing system or other technology. Message frequency is recurring. Consent is not a condition of purchase. Message and data rates may apply. Reply STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE or QUIT to opt-out and HELP for customer support. You may receive an additional text message confirming your decision to opt-out. You understand and agree that attempting to opt-out by any means other than texting the opt-out commands above is not a reasonable means of opting out.
Our store is hosted by Shopify Inc. They provide us with the e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Data is collected and stored in Australia, but data is also transferred and stored in data centres across North America. If you live in the EU, it is important to know that your personal data will not only be stored in the EU but transferred to Australia and data centres in North America, including the U.S.A and Canada. Your personal data will still be transferred and store in a safe and secure way. Read more below:
Read Shopify’s terms of service here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase (Eg: not through paypal but through debit / credit card) then Shopify will store your credit card data. It is encrypted through the payment card industry data security standard (PCI – DSS). All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
Your purchase transaction data is stored as long as necessary to complete your purchase transaction. We hold order information such as what you have purchased, date of your purchase, address, full name, phone number, email address, shipping tracking numbers etc. We hold this information for our records. You may contact us requesting Rapunzille to delete it.
Third Party Services
Rapunzille uses third party cookies and services to enhance and improve our website.
In general, the third party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processers, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase related transactions or marketing related activities.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located. We do not take responsibility of your data when it has been transferred to a third party, your data is then subject to their laws of the jurisdiction(s).
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclose under the United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
Cookies we use:
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- - “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- - “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- - “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Function Cookies (Cookie that are necessary for the website / site to function)
- Persistent Cookies – A persistent cookie is a data file stored on your computer’s hard disk that remembers user preferences each time you visit our website. For example, it can remember your language preferences, auto fill on check out, authentication, theme settings etc. These all help your experience better and easier when you visit our website. Persistent cookies are permanent cookies that are stored on your computer until you deleted them or the expire.
- User Centric Cookies – are used to detect authentication abuses such as repeated failed login attempts. These cookies are used to increase security of the site.
- Authentication Cookies – Used to identify the user once they have logged in. This cookie is used for the duration of the session.
- User-Centric Security Cookies – Used to detect authentication abuses, for a limited persistent duration.
- Multimedia Content Player Cookies (Flash Cookies) - are used to store technical data to play back video or audio content, such as image quality, speed, buffering, network links and only used for the duration of your session on our site.
- Load Balancing Cookies – Improve / helps identify traffic flow to the same server while using the site.
- First Party Analytics Cookies – We use first party analytic cookies to improve our website, estimate how many unique visitors our website gets, detect most popular search terms that lead a unique visitor to our site. These cookies are specifically used to improve the experience of our site.
- User Interface Customisation Cookies – such as language or font preferences, for the duration of a session (or slightly longer).
- Third Party Social Plug-in Content Sharing Cookies – these are cookies that help the experience of those who are currently logged into a social site.
Third Party Cookies we use:
- Klaviyo Email Marketing: https://www.klaviyo.com/privacy
- Mailchimp Email Marketing: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
- Google Analytics: https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Hotjar: https://www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy
Third Party Advertising Cookies:
Google may select advertising based on information about your computer or device, such as your device model, browser type, or sensors in your device like the accelerometer.If you wish to find out more, you can read the following:
Search Ads 360 – Formally known as double click ads. This is googles ad manager and googles marketing platform. https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Google Ads: https://google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Google Ads Opt Out: https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl
How long will cookies remain on my device?
Persistent cookies can last up to 2 years, and session cookies only last for the duration of your session on our site.
To learn how to manage or delete cookies, you find information in your browsers help file or by visiting websites such as www.allaboutcookies.org. Keep in mind that by removing or deleting cookies, it could negatively impact your user experience on our site.
When you click on links in our store or blog, they may direct you away from our website. We are not responsible for the privacy practises of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy and cookie policies.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industries best practises to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirments and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below. Data Privacy Officer – email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject data privacy.
Additionally, if you are a European resident, we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
AGE OF CONSENT
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. In order to shop, use and provide your email address, payments etc to Rapunzille, you confirm that you are over the age of 18, or have parental / guardian consent to provide us with those details for order processing and marketing purposes. We sell items that contain small pieces and should only be purchased by adults who understand and take responsibility of keeping small jewellery and other items from the Rapunzille store away from children.
CHANGES TO POLICY
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at email@example.com